Digital position controller upgraded
Fourth Quarter 2008, Electrical switching & drive systems & components
Launched at Hannover Trade Fair 2008, the EPOS2 50/5 is maxon’s upgraded digital positioning controller for controlling brush DC motors with an encoder or brushless EC motors with Hall sensors and an encoder with an output of 5 to 250 W.
New features of the EPOS2 (easy-to-use positioning system) positioning controller include:
* Latest 32-bit digital signal processor technology providing the very best motion control functionalities.
* Improved protection against electromagnetic interference thanks to optically isolated digital inputs and outputs.
* Fast digital inputs according to EIA standard RS422.
* 12-bit analogue digital converters for improved analogue signal recording quality.
* EPOS2 communication via CANopen and/or USB and/or RS232.
* EPOS2 gateway function USB-to-CAN and RS232-to-CAN.
* Interpolated position mode enables the EPOS2 to start synchronously a path specified by interpolation points.
* Digital outputs for the EPOS2 can be configured so that a digital signal is emitted as a trigger output at a set position value.
* The upgraded regulation tuning functionality is an effective and time-saving aid for users at start-up, and helps to regulate current, speed and position.
The EPOS2 50/5 can be combined with:
* All EPOS family units in a CAN network.
* All 5–250 W brush DC motors with encoder.
* All 5–250 W brushless EC motors with Hall sensors and encoder.
* maxon EC flat motors (multipole motors) can also be operated, with restrictions, without encoders.