Our third quarter edition of Motion Control contained editorial comment that came down hard on those in industry who do not make correct use of SI units. Unfortunately, it was only some time after the publication of the magazine that we became aware of certain events in the industry. In hindsight, elements of the column could be seen to have caused offence, though their intention was never to do so.
To those who were offended - the editorial team of Motion Control apologises unreservedly. The intention was to stimulate thought and debate, rather than offend. Had certain facts been known at the time of publication, the column would most certainly have been written differently.
Leaders in the industry
The companies alluded to in the editorial column (but not mentioned), DO happen to be leaders in the industry. They are also in no need of sardonic lectures on the correct usage of SI units - as they (like many others) would be quite pleased to see correct usage in the industry. Motion Control acknowledges the leading position that these companies have in the industry, and again apologises unreservedly for the manner in which the subject of correct SI unit usage was raised.
Commitment to a Code Of Conduct
The MPASA and its special interest groups (representing publishers) strive to apply and promote the highest standards of publishing practice. In keeping with this goal, Motion Control is committed to abiding with the following self-regulatory Code of Conduct:
* Ensuring that editorial published is in no way inaccurate, misleading, or distorted - this includes pictures.
* Maintaining editorial integrity and independence from influence by any outside sources, including advertisers and government.
* Supporting and promoting the ideal of a free press.
* Respecting the trademarks and copyrights of other publications.
* Promoting and selling space on the merits of own publications and not use promotion or selling methods that disparage other publications.
* Dealing honestly and fairly with all advertisers and suppliers.
* Clearly differentiating between editorial and advertorial used in publications.
* Not knowingly accepting advertising that contains untruthful, deceptive or misleading statements.
* Publishing magazines timeously to the benefit of readers and advertisers.
Motion Control's position in industry
Motion Control 's objective is to provide a communication platform for the industry that works to stimulate, inform and educate, bringing real value to all stakeholders, manufacturers, vendors and end-users alike. It pledges to continue to work closely with the industry representatives of SAFPA, as it seeks to promote excellence and raise the professional standards of the pneumatics and hydraulics industries. Motion Control aims to speak authoritatively for the entire industry and will continue to strive to accurately reflect the industry's key decision-makers.
Technews recommits itself to excellence in publishing, continuing the proud record it has established over the last two decades, through literally thousands of publications.
Darren Smith, editorial director, Technews
Graeme Bell, managing editor, SA Instrumentation and Control, Motion Control
John Gibbs, editor, SA Instrumentation and Control, Motion Control
|Tel:||+27 11 543 5800|
|Fax:||+27 11 787 8052|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Technews Publishing|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved